RP Database
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A collection of letters

Go down

A collection of letters Empty A collection of letters

Post  Berserker Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:51 am

This thread is dedicated to letters written from one person to another, at any possible date in TOS' timeline. Simply post the letter; if a letter is addressed to a character written/played by someone else, a response may or may not appear.
Berserker
Berserker
Admin

Back to top Go down

A collection of letters Empty Re: A collection of letters

Post  Berserker Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 am

Elthern, 43rd of Winter's Eve, 1979

To Ilene Terathina Darathie

Esteemed Ilene,

I hope you are faring well, and that your former mate has not caused you further trouble. Were I him, I would keep my distance, as I have yet to see a more wrathful woman than yourself when scorned. I sincerely hope your outburst was something that only occurs rarely.

In the three years that have gone by since last we corresponded, your children have grown quite considerably. Inesse has grown taller than Vallus, and she refuses to cut her hair. She might recall your long hair and find that a source of inspiration. So far, I have not asked much of the girl. She seems content with what she has.

Her brother, however, is a handful. He constantly escapes at night, gets into fights with street urchins (most of which he wins), and seems belligerent to anyone save his sister. I worry for the boy, and will try to introduce him to the warrior heroes of history. Perhaps their example will serve to calm his anger and give him some sense of purpose in learning more about them, and following in their footsteps. Either way he seems very protective of his sister.

I must confess to you, when I took in two children with the intention of teaching them as historians, I did not consider all the difficulties and intricacies of treating with their young minds. Having spent so much time around elder wizards and sages, it is challenging, but also refreshing, hearing children’s voices. Despite how unwilling Vallus is to listen to what I tell him, and despite how he will fight tooth and nail to prevent me from getting alone with Inesse, they are very much alive when compared with the elders I speak to so often. I wonder which of the two are most like you.

In a few years, I hope you will come back to see how your children have grown. Vallus does not seem to think very highly of you for abandoning them, however. I hope he will understand when he grows older. Inesse, however, is often sitting in a window when morning comes, looking out at the street. It is no leap to conclusion to believe she wants you to return.

With my best regards,

Alcius Galeron
Berserker
Berserker
Admin

Back to top Go down